The Centre for Inner Development and Joy, in cooperation with the European Association for Somatic Experiencing (EASE) organizes a three-year training for practitioners in the period of 2024-2026.
Somatic Experiencing® educational program is implemented all over the world and provides professionals from various fields with the knowledge and skills needed for the successful treatment of developmental and shock trauma.
The education programme includes 36 days of training divided into 6 modules, a mandatory number of individual sessions and a mandatory number of hours of supervision with certified teachers and assistants.
The training program includes:
- 6 modules (two beginner, two intermediate and two advanced levels) – each module lasts 6 days (40 hours) and includes theoretical and practical part
- 15 hours of individual SE™ sessions with certified SE™ practitioners
- 18 hours of supervisory work with teachers and certified SE™ practitioners
- Peer learning/study groups for support and learning
- Understanding the physiological basis of trauma
- The function of the nervous system
- Identifying signals and signs in the body and nervous system
- Teaching the basic SE™ techniques
- SE™ exercises for grounding, boundaries, and containment
- Practicing establishing defensive orienting responses
- Working with sensation, impressions, behaviour, affects, meaning
- Working with fight, flight, and freeze
- Acquiring skills to avoid re-traumatisation and false memories.
- Somatic first aid
- Brief review of first year topics and integration
- Examination of the different categories and causes of traumatic shock and approaches to treating each case:
- Global high intensity trauma (early trauma, fever, drowning, foetal distress, traumatic birth…)
- Inescapable attack (rape, physical abuse, assault, incest…)
- Physical injury (surgery, anaesthesia, burns, poisoning…)
- High impact accidents, head injuries
- Emotional trauma, e.g. severe neglect and abandonment, severe loss, persistent abuse
- Natural disasters (earthquakes, fires, floods…)
- Horror, e.g. witnessing an accident, witnessing someone else being abused, raped, killed or tortured the difference between shock trauma and developmental trauma
- Short repetition of the topics from the first two years and integration
- Working with coherence
- Polyvagal theory and SE™
- Work with syndromes (chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, asthma, migraine)
- Deepening of practical work and techniques
- Working with the eyes
- Working with touch
- Working with joints, diaphragms, viscera
The training will be held live in Belgrade in English with translation into Serbian.
The dates of the modules for year I and II will be organized in the following periods:
Year I – basic level
- I module: March 22 – 27, 2024
- II module: October 22 – 27, 2024
II year – intermediate level
- I module: April 15 – 20, 2025
- II module: October 7 – 12, 2025
III year – advanced level
- will be announced later.
After completion of the training, participants will receive a certificate from the European Association for Somatic Experiencing®.
The Price and Payment
The price of one module is 950 EUR. Mandatory individual and supervision sessions are paid additionally, and the price will be determined in cooperation with international teachers and certified assistants.
In agreement with the training organizers, it may be possible to pay for the module in 3 instalments.
Application Process and Conditions
- Somatic Experiencing® training is intended for professionals of various profiles who work with people: psychologists, psychotherapists, medical and social workers, teachers, professionals who work with the body and movement, yoga teachers, etc.
- The condition for enrolling in the training program is to attend an Intro (introductory) workshop with certified SE™ teachers.
- The intention to apply the knowledge and techniques of Somatic Experiencing® in practice and working with people. The training is primarily educational in nature, and although it has a significant impact on personal development, it was not created as a personal development and/or self-help program.
Registration takes place online (CLICK HERE for application form), and during the registration process, candidates must submit:
- Completed application form
- A short CV with information relevant to this education program (with a focus on information about professional experiences in working with people, the most important completed training programs and programs for personal development)
- Confirmation/certificate of attending the intro SE™ workshop
- Motivational letter
Applications for the Education Program will be accepted in the period May 25 – October 1, 2023.
The number of training participants is limited.
Selection and notification of accepted candidates will be until October 15, 2023.
Selected candidates confirm their place on the training by paying a non-refundable deposit of EUR 300 by November 15, 2023.The deadline for paying the full price for the first module is January 15, 2024, and for each subsequent module one month before the start of the module.
For additional information, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.